5 activities proven to help your engineering firm grow & increase productivity
In our 20+ years of experience with helping firms achieve more, we have identified the 5 most common activities that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Use technology as a competitive advantage – The Autodesk AEC Collection helps your business win more work by:
- Providing you access to visualization, design, and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) tools.
- Improving efficiency by automating tasks to reduce design time and improve project handoff with streamlined data exchange.
- Delivering high-quality projects that exceed performance requirements.
- Reducing errors and time associated with rework; reducing risk with increased stakeholder buy-in and project predictability
- Use a centralized platform for project information – Firms that are outperforming their competition are taking a collaborative approach using cloud solutions for data management and collaboration.
- Automate repetitive tasks to increase efficiency – Start with a template that is ‘lean and clean’. Companies using templates reduce project start-up times by at least 50% and experience less file crashes and lost work during the project lifecycle.
- Make use of Dynamo scripts for complex repetitive tasks.
- Use Tool Palettes.
- Use Sheet Set Manager.
- Use Project Explorer.
- Grading Optimization.
- Listen to your staff – Implement a process to identify the needs for staff training and mentorships.
- Invest in training – Invest in your firm by investing in your people. Allegedly Henry Ford once said, “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.”
Take the necessary time to evaluate technology that drives improved workflows, automates tedious tasks, and improves efficiency and collaboration. Empowering your staff through continued communication, training, and providing them with the proper technology tool sets, will establish your firm’s competitive edge and increase productivity.
Don’t know where to start? Ask us…we’re happy to share ideas, experience, guidance and education through free webinars.