What’s New in Bluebeam® Revu® 20
- on August 20, 2020
- Categories: Construction
Bluebeam® Revu® 20 is here! You're probably thinking... " That’s great! But what’s in it?" Here goes my overview of what’s new in Revu 20. I’ll keep it brief and hopefully a little fun to read.
Bluebeam® Studio® changes in Revu 20
- The invite process is much improved. You can easily invite multiple users at once.
- There are new tabs in Sessions and Projects to see which ones you have joined and which you have not. You no longer need to hunt down the invite from last week to find the link or the ID number to join.
- Also, along with the above, as an admin, you can see who you’ve invited and whether or not they’ve joined.
- You can now assign Session and Project access settings without having to wait for the collaborator to join.
Bluebeam Revu efficiency changes
- Do you ever scratch your head over where a certain tool is? If you’re coming from Revu 2017 or earlier, you might have been a little flustered with the new user interface. There is a new Tool Finder search function in the Help menu.
Callouts can have multiple leaders. You might think, “that’s not new,” and you’d be right! But the new format can have the leader attachment point be left, right, top or bottom! For anyone that did not know a callout can have multiple leaders, contact me—I train on this for a living! There’s so much more I can show you.
- You can add a leader directly to a text box markup. This is great for those times you didn’t use a callout, but I thought it’d be nice to actually point to the area you’re noting. Raise your hand if you ever just dropped an arrow next to a text box instead of using a callout. (raises hand…)
- The markup list has a completely revamped filter option. Custom filter configurations can be saved for later reuse.
- There is an option to include/exclude markup replies from a CSV summary.
- Access to additional and custom line styles for measurement tools is available. So, you can now have the gas line style show the GAS text in the measurement or whatever line style you’d like it to display as.
These are the feature updates i'm most excited to share & start using.
U.S. CAD is a Bluebeam Platinum Partner.