Whether you’re constructing buildings, roads, bridges, or tunnels, the Leica Intelligent Construction systems enable you to enhance your performance, and increase your profitability through perfecting your construction workflows. The Leica iCON robotic total stations offer high performance and versatility for multiple tasks.
What is a total station?
Robotic total stations are modern, survey-based tools used for layout in the field. Total stations interact with models and DWG files and can be used for distance measuring or as a QA/QC tool.
Who can benefit?
- General contractors
- Self-perform contractors
- Subcontractors (i.e. MEP, framing, concrete, steel, equipment)
What’s the ROI?
The Leica Geosystems ROI calculator allows you to quickly estimate your savings per project by using iCON total stations for construction layout tasks.
Enter your company’s specific project details to compare the cost of investment in robotic total stations with your savings based on typical client experiences.
Leica iCON robot 50
Save time and increase your productivity by doing layout work and as-built checks yourself. With Leica iCON robot 50 you don’t need an operator at the instrument. The robotic total station can be operated from the field controller at the prism pole, at the point you need positioning.
With the iCON robot 50, you can:
- Most accurate reflectorless measurements in its class
- One-button keyboard for simple operation
- Faster prism search by PowerSearch (patented technology)
- Superior tracking performance ensures minimum machine downtime in machine control operation
- Flexible data communication: WLAN (150m range) or Long-range Bluetooth® (350m). Simply upgrade your communication by swapping the instrument handle
- Easy hand-over control from rover to machine control and vice versa
Leica iCON robot 60
Leica iCON robot 60 perfects one-person construction layout and 3D machine control. Its high-performance tracking, innovative lock & find mechanisms and software that is tailored per work step, make it the ideal partner on site. The powerful iCONstruct field software used as remote control optimises the functionality.
- Layout lines for footings or chalk line for formwork on foundation
- Layout points on blinding layer such as pipe insert or cut-outs before pouring concrete
- MEP layout of wall penetrations for pipes, hanger locations for HVAC and duct work, inserts and slits for sheet metal work
- Controlling a wide variety of construction machines, such as curb and gutter or milling machines, asphalt or concrete pavers, and graders or dozers