- This event has passed.
DBIA WPR Lunch Program VDC
January 26 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm PST
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a tool or the model-based technologies that produce a building information model that enables a highly collaborative Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) process throughout a project’s lifecycle. When combined, project teams can take advantage of a forward-thinking environment where the integration of people, process and technology can thrive. The whole team approach inherent in Design-Build is an ideal environment for BIM/VDC to flourish (more than any other project delivery system), especially when you can take advantage of an integrated project team from the outset, creating a platform for success, where all the client’s goals can be embraced early. In addition to highlighting DBIA’s approach to VDC Done Right we’ll also hear from innovative VDC Leaders who will provide real-world examples of how VDC is driving value by enabling the merging of technology and project delivery to provide optimized outcomes for Owners.
- Demonstrate the value of integrating BIM/VDC into a Design-Build project delivery model.
- Compare traditional project delivery models to Design-Build showing how contractual barriers are removed enabling project teams to freely share and collaborate with their data rich, three-dimensional models.
- Define how Owners can best set expectations for how a BIM can be leveraged and delivered on projects.
- Outline how BIM/VDC can produce enhanced design excellence, increased quality and productivity, and improved lifecycle cost.
- Brian Skripac, DBIA, CM-BIM – Director, Virtual Design & Construction, Design-Build Institute of America
- Kyle Swanson, AIA, NCARB – Principal Architect, Technology Leader, Arrington Watkins Architects
- Joshua Marriott, Senior Manager – VDC/Field Solutions, The Weitz Company/Orascom USA
- Troy Gates, Director of Innovation – VinZero U.S. CAD
Date: January 26, 2023
Time: 11:30am to 1:00pm
Location: Arizona State University (ASU) SkySong, Phoenix (Room 130, Synergy 1)
Description: DBIA-WPR Arizona Chapter Lunch Program, VDC Best Practices for Design-Build