So you need to reference objects from another drawing in your Civil 3D project; do you use external references or data shortcuts? When do you choose one over the other?
At the December 5th Infrastructure Tuesday webinar, join Ron Couillard to learn all about the ins and outs external references (xrefs) and data shortcuts (drefs), some background information on each, and why you should choose one over the other in certain situations.
In this video, get a sneak peek at the most common questions Civil 3D users have about xrefs and drefs that Ron will answer during the webinar.
4 Common Questions Users Have about Xrefs
- What are all of the options available with xrefs?
- How come some options are grayed out in the Xref Manager?
- What is the significance of the option to attach or to overlay?
- What is the significance of all the path types?
4 Common Questions Users Have about Drefs
- What are data shortcuts and what can they be used for?
- When should you choose drefs over xrefs?
- What can drefs do that xrefs cannot?
- What are some of the pitfalls that can occur with data shortcuts?
What are other common questions do you have about xrefs or drefs? Share your thoughts in the comments, and don’t forget to register for the December 5th webinar!