Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Software Updates & Hotfixes (February 2017)
InfraWorks 360 is big news this month! Below are the new additions to the latest release of InfraWorks 360 as well as some updates and new tools released for Civil 3D 2016. Don’t forget to sign up below to get notifications about updates from the Infrastructure Universe delivered straight to your inbox!
Released: Jan 17, 2017 (To install the latest version, you must uninstall the current version.)
- Component roads – View station and component annotations.
- Parametric bridges with superelevation –
- Speed up your workflow by applying your girder, pier, or foundation modifications to the next component you select.
- Save your custom bridge assemblies and re-use them as templates from the Style Palette.
- Send your bridge to Revit: bridge components can be converted to Direct Shape or Revit families.
- VIDEO: Add and Modify Bridge Deck and Girder Cross Sections
- Roadside grading –
- Earthwork quantities (component roads) –
- Drainage design –
- Edit mode – Edit mode/Select mode is now set by view in the Interaction View Settings. By default, Edit mode is enabled in the Conceptual and Engineering views. When you open a model and select one of these views, you are in Edit mode by default.
- Area of Interest feature types – Parcels, Easements, Right of Ways: For Area of Interest features, convert a line segment or boundary vertex to an arc.
- 2D Distance & Slope tool – Use this tool to easily measure the distance (horizontal and vertical) and slope between two points in a model.
- Oculus Rift support – A new Oculus Rift mode tool allows you to use Oculus (CV1) with InfraWorks 360.
- Adaptive trees – The new Beech tree style in the 3D Models Vegetation Adaptive Trees category of the Style Palette, provides 5 levels of detail (LOD). With the increased LOD, the geometry automatically adapts to the camera distance, improving model visualization and performance. Give the Beech tree a try – it’s beautiful!
- Stand of trees – The visualization for large stands of trees is improved. Trees are rendered consistently across a large area and distributed more equally until the maximum number of trees is visible for the density and display detail of the view.
Released: Jan 17, 2017
The following issues have been resolved in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Service Pack 4:
- An issue with AutoCAD Map that caused an unexpected error when opening the status bar has been resolved.
- An issue where station labels are not displayed correctly when geometry is overlapping has been resolved.
- An issue that caused an AutoCAD Civil 3D startup error after assigning optional properties to a part in Part Builder has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented Vault from displaying the projects list in some circumstances has been resolved.
- An issue with the spread calculation for curb opening inlet in sag has been resolved in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express.
- The spread calculation has been updated to improve consistency between Hydraflow Storm Sewer Extension and Hydraflow Express.
- An issue with the bypass calculation of a combo inlet on grade in Hydraflow Storm Sewers has been resolved.
- The Bypass spread and Bypass depth report values in Hydraflow Storm Sewers has been updated for sag inlets.
- The curb inlet depth calculations in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express has been updated for sag inlets.
- An error when editing a pipe network with a catchment in Storm and Sanitary Analysis has been resolved.
- The curb opening inlet calculation in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express has been updated for inlets on grade.
- The calculation for curb inlets in sag conditions operating as weirs has been updated in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express.
- The calculation for curb inlets in sag conditions operating as orifices has been updated in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express.
- The calculation for combination inlets in sag conditions has been updated in Hydraflow Storm Sewers and Hydraflow Express.
Released: Jan 17, 2017
- Traverse Editor – Create points, lines, and curves representing traverse legs and sideshots using a broad set of COGO input and editing tools. The traverse can be used to generate polylines, COGO points, and a .TRV2 traverse file. Note that this new tool provides significant improvements over the COGO Editor that was included in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Productivity Pack 1.
- Traverse Adjustment – Perform traverse adjustment and generate reports using Compass, Transit, Crandall, and Grant Line adjustment methods. Update COGO points and traverse geometry within the drawing.
- Subassemblies – A new library of subassemblies is included that you can integrate into your projects. All of this content was created in Autodesk Subassembly Composer and can be edited and expanded to meet your individual or organizational needs. Now there are separate metric and imperial libraries and detailed help that you can access to learn about the behavior of each subassembly.
Released: Jan 17, 2017
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016 Transportation Extension v1.2 includes the following report generation and general production utilities:
- New Report Generation tools
- Productivity Tools
- Updated Features in v1.2